Did you “forget” to buy a Valentine’s gift for your food loving sweetie? Or dropped the ball on reservations? Here is what I suggest you do on your lunch break or when you leave work later today:
- Rush over to Antonelli’s Cheese Shop for a gift card and a “Brie Mine” greeting card.
- Drop in at Easy Tiger and pick up a chocolate loaf for two and pair it with a rosé or old vine Zinfandel from East End Wines.
- Make it easy on yourself with chocolate truffles, a cream puff swan, and a bottle of bubbly from Whole Foods Market.
- This one’s good for Central and North Austinites: a gift card from Cover 3 or Cover 2 and a bouquet of flowers from whichever florist is closest to you. I suggest Freytag’s Florist on W. Anderson Lane or Facet Flowers on Anderson Mill Rd., recently re-opened after a fire.
- Southies, you still have time to pick up a gift card to Reds Porch, Nanami Sushi Bar or Matt’s El Rancho and a bottle of booze, sake or margarita fixin’s from South Lamar Wine & Spirits or Twin Liquors.
Good luck and Happy Valentine’s Day!